Saturday, January 22, 2011

Aesop's Fables - The Fox and the Crow


         I believe that not only me but most of you had heard this fable, right?  When I was 10 years old, my English teacher, Mrs. Wong had told me this fable.
       "The Fox and the Crow" is an Aesop's Fable which very simple and easy.  Let me tell you the fable.  One day, Fox was very hungry.  He found Crow having a piece of cheese.  He wanted it.  He praised her, "You're pretty!  What beautiful feathers!  Can you sing too?"  The crow opened her beak to sing.  Oh no, the cheese fell down.  The fox got it and told her, "Don't trust in people who say nice things.  They just want something from you."
      Traditionally, fox has enjoyed a racier reputation, being variously seen as cunning and wily, and always like to play tricks. 
       When I reviewed this fable, I realized that our life maybe surrounded some bad person as the characters of fox.  My mother always advised me shouldn't believe other people easily.  I found her thought.  She was worried that I would be deceived.  She always cares me so much. 
       Nowadays, social issues have spread among our teenagers.  As a teacher, I'll tell this fable to my pupils.  I want them be a wise person and not to be deceived.  It is worth a moral learnt for life time.


          

1 comment:

  1. Indeed. Children need our guidance.In childrens' thoughts, teacher are their guides,whatever the teacher said, they will follow. To make lesson more interesting especially English lesson, it indirectly instill moral values and make us reflects incidents that happenings surround us everyday.
    Yes, it is our job to teach children so that they would not being cheated easily.

    ReplyDelete